§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) The following provides information about the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsibility pursuant to Article 4(7) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) lies with Mr Sebastian Feik. You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by post at Dellbrücker Straße 116, 51469 Bergisch Gladbach, Germany.
(3) When you contact us by email or via a contact form, we store the data you provide (your email address, your name and your telephone number), in order to answer your questions. We delete this data once retention is no longer necessary, or restrict processing, if we have statutory retention obligations.
(4) If we use contracted providers for individual functions of our service or would like to use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you of the practices in question in detail below. We will also list the specific criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with us as regards the personal data relating to you:
– Right to information,
– Right to correction or deletion,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You are also entitled to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our handling of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you use our website for pure informational purposes, i.e. do not register or otherwise submit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you want to look at our website, we collect the following data, which is a technical requirement for us, in order to show you our website and to ensure stability and security (legal foundation is Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– The data volume transferred in each case
– Website the request comes from
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data listed above, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you used, which can be used to send information to the site (us in this instance) that placed the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, which are explained below in terms of scope and function:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. This includes session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, which allows different requests from your browser to be assigned to the common session. This means your computer can be recognised if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings to suit your needs and, e.g. prevent third-party cookies or all cookies being stored on your computer. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) We place cookies so as to identify you on subsequent visits if you have an account with us. Otherwise you will need to log in again on each visit.
f) The Flash cookies being used are not collected by your browser, but rather by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects store the necessary data regardless of the browser you are using and have no expiry date. If you wish to prevent Flash cookies, you will need to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by switching to private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history on a regular basis.
§ 4 Other functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to pure informational use of our website, we also offer various services that you may use if they interest you. This will usually require you to provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and which is subject to the aforementioned principles of data processing.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. These external providers are carefully selected, are required to comply with our guidelines and are regularly monitored.
(3) We may also pass your personal data to third parties if we are offering promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services in conjunction with partners. You will receive more information when you enter your personal data, or you can find it at the bottom in the description of the service.
(4) If our service providers or partners are registered in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will explain the consequences of this situation in the description of the service.
§ 5 Objecting or withdrawing consent for the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawing consent in this way affects the reliability of the processing of your personal data, once you have informed us of this.
(2) Providing our processing of your data is based on the balance of interests, you may object to this processing. This is the case if the processing is particularly not required for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which we explain in each case in the description of functions below. When you object in this way, please explain why we should not process your personal data in the way we have described. If your objection is reasonable, we will check the facts and will either stop or modify the data processing, or will explain our legitimate reasons for continuing to process your data.
(3) You can of course object to your personal data being used for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can contact us at the following address to inform us of your objection to advertising: info[at]tii-sales.com
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) You may subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to keep you informed about our latest interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are listed in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double-opt-in process for newsletter subscriptions. This means that we send an email to the address you specify when subscribing, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription, your information is blocked and is deleted automatically after one month. We also store the IP addresses you use and the dates of your subscription and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to verify your subscription and to resolve a potential misuse of your personal data where applicable.
(3) Your email address is the only mandatory detail we require to send the newsletter. [Your details are required so as to enable us to address you personally. Once we have received your confirmation, we store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal foundation is set out in Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
(4) You may withdraw your consent at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You may unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email or by sending a message to the contact details specified in the legal notice.
[(5) Please note that we evaluate your user behaviour when we send the newsletter. For this purpose, the emails we send contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, one-pixel image files, which are stored on our website. For the evaluations we link the data listed in § 3 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. Links embedded in the newsletter also include this ID.
Data is only recorded on a pseudonymised basis, i.e. the IDs are not linked to your other personal data, and there is no possibility of identifying you directly.
You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link that is provided in each email, or by informing us via a different method of contact. The information is stored for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. Once you unsubscribe, the data is stored anonymously and purely for statistical purposes.
§ 8 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are saved on your computer and that enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if the IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address is first abbreviated by Google in the Member States of the European Union or in Other States Party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is your full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website, to evaluate your use of this website, to create reports about the website activities, and to provide additional services connected with the website and Internet use to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser by Google Analytics is not combined with the other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookie storage by an appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you might not be able to use all functionalities of this website. You can also prevent the capture of data produced by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the opt-out browser plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the expansion “_anonymizeIp()”. IP addresses are processed in a shortened form in this context, which means that personal identification is not possible. If the data collected about you includes a personal reference, this will be rejected immediately, and the personal data will be deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse use of our website and to facilitate regular improvements. We can use the statistics produced to improve our service and to make our site more interesting to you as a user. For exceptional cases in which data is sent to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal foundation for the use of Google Analytics is set out in Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR.
(6) Information on the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
§ 9 Use of Social Media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Twitter.
In the case of Facebook, the IP address is anonymised as soon as it is captured according to the provider in Germany. Thus, by activating the plug-in, your personal data is sent to the respective provider of the plug-in and is stored there (in the USA in the case of US providers). As the provider of the plug-in collects data using cookies especially, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the data that is collected and the data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing and the storage periods. Moreover, we have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the provider of the plug-in.
(3) The provider of the plug-in stores the data collected about you as a usage profile and uses this for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-oriented website design. Such evaluation is effected in particular (including for users who are not logged in) so as to display appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You are entitled to object to this user profile being created and will need to contact the respective provider of the plug-in to exercise this right. We use the plug-in to give you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, enabling us to improve our service and to make our website more interesting to you as a user. The legal foundation for the use of the plug-in is set out in Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR.
(4) The data is transferred regardless of whether you have an account with the provider of the plug-in and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the provider of the plug-in, the data collected during your use of our site is assigned directly to your existing account with the provider of the plug-in. If you click the activated button and, e.g. link to the page, the provider of the plug-in also stores this information in your user account and and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly when using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will prevent the provider of the plug-in from assigning such information to your profile.
(5) You will find more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing in the privacy policies of the plug-in providers supplied below. You will also find more information on your rights in this regard and the adjustments you can make to your settings to protect your private sphere.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 11 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos on our website, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.comand can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded in the “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user will be sent to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data listed in section (2) above is only sent when you play the videos. We have no influence over this data transmission.
§ 12 Use of Google AdSense
(1) This website uses the online advertising service Google AdSense, through which
you can be shown advertising tailored to your interests. We want to show you advertising that may interest you, in order to make our website more appealing to you. To this end, we gather statistical information about you that is processed by our advertising partners. You can recognise these adverts by the “Google Ads” note in each advert.
(3) You can prevent the installation of cookies by Google AdSense in different ways: a) by altering the settings in your browser software. Eliminating third-party cookies will stop you receiving adverts from third-party providers;
b) by deactivating interest-based adverts with Google via the link http://www.google.de/ads/preferences, although this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating interest-based adverts from providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign, via the link http://www.google.de/ads/preferences, although this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies;
d) by permanently deactivating in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website to the full if you take this step.
(4) You will find more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing, as well as more information on your rights in this regard and the adjustments you can make to your settings to protect your private sphere at: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; data protection conditions for advertising: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/technologies/ads. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 13 Remarketing
In addition to Adwords Conversion, we also use the application Google Remarketing. This is a process that allows us to target you again. This application enables us to display our adverts to you after you have visited our website and as you continue to use the Internet. We do this through cookies stored on your browser, which Google uses to record and evaluate your user behaviour when you visit different websites. Google can detect your previous visit to our website in this way. Google states that it does not combine the data collected as part of remarketing with personal data that it may have stored about you. In particular, Google states that pseudonymised data is used in relation to remarketing.